This prompt requires quite a bit of imagination. The idea is to make a list of imaginary devices and then feature one of them as the centerpiece of your story. For example, a radio that eavesdrops on your neighbors. Here is a list of ideas for the origins of your devices:
- Recently discovered/invented tech.
- Tech brought back from the future/an alien planet/a different dimension.
- A magical artifact passed down as a family heirloom.
- An artifact given as a gift from the gods.
- A cursed object of power inhabited by an evil spirit.
- The object mysteriously shows up one day.
What Will the Neighbors Say? – Who doesn’t love a yard sale? But when Greg and Monica buy a vintage radio from the strange old man living next door, their lives are changed. By simply changing the station Greg and Monica can listen to any conversation taking place in the houses on their block. They discover which of the people in the neighborhood are really their friends, which are snooty pretenders, and which ones are planning to murder someone living on the block.