sign the books that way. I plan my speaking engagements around that question. I
gear my interviews, as much as possible, around that theme.
It makes sense that it should be the focus of this website as well. Sure, I plan to post any news about The Gathering and about me as an author, but expect the many of the articles I present each week to reflect this important question.
In the weeks ahead, I hope to capture your attention with articles on emergency preparedness and my observations of news events that may represent signs of the end. I plan to interview a few authors of apocalyptic novels to compare notes on where all of this is going. Basically, anything that I can think of to help all of you answer the question of Are You Ready?
And what better place to start than the questions I have in the back of The Gathering. These ten questions were intended to give book clubs a starting point for their discussions related to the events in my novel. If you happen to be standing around the water cooler at work tomorrow, try one of these out for an interesting and unique discussion with your co-workers. Or if you happen to be on a date and can’t think of anything to talk about, feel free to try one of these. It may not make the date any more successful, but it should make it interesting.
1. During a disaster, would you be willing to share your food with your neighbors?
2. Could you bring yourself to help people who had previously attacked or robbed you?
3. What would it take to get you to fight for your beliefs or your loved ones?
4. How would you react to society falling apart all around you?
5. Are you willing to endure the horrible events before the Savior’s arrival to experience His return?
6. Are you willing to give up your home and treasures in order to survive?
7. What concerns you most about the end of times?
8. What cheers you most about Christ’s return?
9. What do you do in a situation where not everyone can be helped?
10. How can the hardships of the apocalypse bring you closer to God?
On the lighter side, you can also expect more fiction and fiction related articles from me. This includes: taking excerpts from The Gathering and discussing how I approached the material and how I could have handled it differently; interviews with the characters on any topic that catches my fancy (whatever that means); and bonus scenes where I write up an event that wasn’t in the book.
If any of those ideas really appeal to you, please, drop me a line and let me know. Until then – Are You Ready?